It’s that time of year again, and we are really pleased to see that this year many Christmas fiestas and events are being held again across the Alicante province.
If you are spending Christmas on the Costa Blanca, we have put together a list of events and activities being held.
(Please remember that you may have to show your ID and Covid passport so it is worth checking in advance with the organisers.)
- Sunday 12th December, from 11:00-20:00 – Christmas Market in Parque Cañada Marsá and Party in the Plaza de la Constitución
- Friday 17th December, at 20:00 – New Years Concert by the Benijófar Music Band at the Casa Cultura
- Thursday 23rd December, at 17:00 – Band Parade through the Urbanisations
- Friday 31st December, at 23:55 – join the New Year’s Eve Party in the Plaza de la Constitucion
- Wednesday 5th January, at 18:30 – Watch the Three Kings Parade from the Plaza Miguel Ortega down to the Church
- Saturday 11th December, from 10:00-13:00 – Recycling workshop for children
- Saturday 18th December, from 10:00-13:00 – masks and ceramics workshop for children
- Friday 31st December, at 10:30 – end of the year children’s party
- From Saturday 27th November 2021 to Saturday 8th January 2022 – The Belén (Nativity scene) is in the Plaza de la Constitución
- From Tuesday 7th December to 9th January 2022 – the Ice Rink will be located in the fair ground. It will be open daily from 11:00 – 14:00 then 16:00 – 22:00
- From Wednesday 1st December to Thursday 6th January, (Daily 10am-3pm & 5pm-11pm) – the Traditional Christmas Market is located on Avenida Federico Soto
- From Friday 3rd December to Sunday 23rd January (Monday to Friday 5pm till late, Weekends 11am-2pm & 4pm till late) – the fun fair is located in Calle Murla
- From Saturday 4th December to Saturday 6th January – the Ice Rink is open at the Plaza de Toros
- From Thursday 23rd December to Saturday 6th January – the free Christmas bus will run every 15 minutes (from 9am-10pm). Stopping at La Rambla, Plaza de España, Plaza de los Luceros, Reyes Católicos, Avenidas del doctor Gadea y Federico Soto, y Portal de Elche.
- Monday to Friday, from 09:00am – 14:00 and from 17:00 – 21:00 – the Belén (Nativity scene) can be found at the Municipal Library situated in the Casa Cultura
- Thursday December 23rd. at 18:30 – Christmas concert of the Recreativa Musical de Altea la Vella in the Casa Cultura
- From Saturday December 4th to January Saturday 6th, 2022 – Plaza de la Navidad (Christmas square) is located at the Plaza de SS.MM. Los Reyes de España (the Plaza del Ayuntamiento) with inflatables and an ice rink.
- El Porrat Navideño (Christmas Market) will be located in Benidorm’s Elche Park
- Tuesday December 21st – the Hogueras (bonfires) is celebrated. A typical event which takes place is people jumping over fires to protect themselves from illness in the upcoming year.